Acupuncture and Genecology
Acupuncture can benefit for all stages of the life for women. From starting menstruation to menopause, for young women starting menstruation, acupuncture can help relieve cramps and PMS, regulate menstruate cycle, stop heavy bleeding, and migraines related to menstruation.
For woman in child bearing age, acupuncture can help to solve problems of infertility, as well as helping dealing with problems occuring during pregnancy, such as nausea, back pain, sciatic or pelvic pain, breach and posterior babies, or hypertension during pregnancy.
For women in pre-menopause or menopause age, acupuncture can greatly reduce hot flashes and night sweats, restore restful sleep, and make the transition time much more comfortable.
Acupuncture has been scientifically proved to help the following conditions:
- Irregular Menstruation (early or delay,or miss periods)
- Heavy or scatted, or painful menstruation
- Endometriosis and fibroids
- Morning sickness
- Breach and posterior babies
- Menopause symptom(hot flashes, night sweating and insomnia)
Infertility is a condition of the reproductive system that impairs the conception of children. The diagnosis of infertility is usually given to couples who have been attempting to conceive for at least one year without success. Conception and pregnancy are complicated processes that depend on many factors:
- The production of healthy sperm by man
- Healthy egg produced by woman
- Unblocked fallopian tubes that allow the sperm to reach the egg
- The sperm’s ability to fertilize the egg when they meet
- The fertilized egg to become implanted in the woman’s uterus
- Healthy hormonal environment for the embryo‘s development
How Acupuncture and Herb Medicine can Enhance Fertility
Acupuncture and Chinese herb medicine have a long history of enhancing fertility for both men and women, which can be dated back thousands of years ago. According to the principles of Chinese Medicine, a person’s health is determined by the quality of Qi, the vital life energy, and the blood circulating through our body, rather than looking at infertility simply as a problem with ovary or hormone. TCM views fertility is a woman and man‘s natural state from the time of menarche until menopause. Infertility results from imbalances within the network of organs, hormones, and energy systems. These imbalances stop the body from doing what it is meant to do: potentially conceive a child each time an egg meeting with a sperm. A TCM practitioner will investigate every aspect of a woman’s health history and habits to determine which organ and meridians are out of balance, then prescribe a regimen of acupuncture, herbs, exercises, and/or dietary changes to restore to greater health and well being, and prepare the body to conceive a healthy baby and carry it to term. Along the way, you’ll probably find you feel much better as well, having increased the energy, more even emotions, and you will reach a approach life with a much better perspective.
Researchers have confirmed acupuncture's benefits in the following area:
- Regulate menstrual cycle
- Improve sperm count and motility
- Reduce stress and anxiety associated with infertility
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems
- Improve blood flow in the uteus
- Decrease chances of miscarriage
- Increase the chances of pregnancy for woman underdoing in vitro fertilization(IVF)
Fertility treatments vary from person to person, but are usually scheduled at least three consecutive menstrual cycles. Treatment can include acupuncture, herbs, stress reduction, nutrition, and dietary counselling. Treatments work alone well, also are the excellent addition to any Western intervention. Ideally, IVF participants need to have acupuncture treatment during the following times:
- Twice a week for 5 weeks before the transfer
- Before and after transfer
- Once a week until pregnant
- Suggest once a week or once every two weeks until first trimester
546-2100 Marlowe, Montreal, QC, H4A 3L5.